When are the Admissions?
Admissions for Indian (Domestic) students: The Spring Session commences in February every year; the Fall Session commences in August every year. Students are advised to refer to the Regional/ National daily news papers from time to time and also the University's Directorate of Distance Education (DE) website www.smude.edu.in for admission related announcements. Prospectus and applications can be obtained from the university recognised Learning Centres. Click here to find a Learning Centre closest to you.
Admission for Centres Overseas: Spring Session commences in April and Fall Session commences in October for overseas Learning Centres every year. Students are advised to refer to the university's Directorate of Distance Education website www.smude.edu.in for admission related announcements. Prospectus and application can be obtained from the university recognised learning centres. Click here to find a Learning Centre closest to you.
NOTE: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- What is the procedure for admission of students who have not received the result
of eligibility qualification?
Provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled and the student will cease to be on rolls in case these documents are not submitted by due date. Such students will not be permitted to appear for the university examinations. No communication will be provided in this regard. Fee paid is not refundable
- 2. What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the Prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public or by the Head of the Institution last attended.
Documents to be enclosed:
- Course Fee Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Sikkim Manipal University, DE" payable
at Manipal/ Udupi only will be considered.
Note: for course fee (semester-wise) details are provided in the University Prospectus.
- Xth Standard Certificate for age proof or birth certificate
- Educational Proof Certificates starting from Xth Standard have to be enclosed for verification of eligibility criteria
- When a Degree or Diploma 'Provisional Pass Certificate' is enclosed, it is advisable to enclose the Mark Sheets of all the three/ four years, as the case may be.
- Those who have not obtained the Provisional/ Degree Certificate are advised to enclose all three/ four years pass Mark Sheets along with the Course Completion Certificate obtained from the Principal/ Director of institution where last studied. Duly certified Provisional Certificate/ Degree Certificate has to be forwarded within the stipulated period as laid down by the University
- Candidates who have working experience have to enclose the 'Experience Certificate' obtained from the employer For more details on matters related to admission, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com
- Course Fee Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Sikkim Manipal University, DE" payable at Manipal/ Udupi only will be considered.
- What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons
- Incomplete application form
- Non-enclosure of proof of eligibility qualifications
- Non-enclosure of Demand Draft or in case it is an outstation Demand Draft or Cheque/Cash
- Documents enclosed are not attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public or Head of Institution last attended
- Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances
- Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of SMU-DE at the same time.
- What is Lateral Entry?
We offer Lateral Entry to students with managerial experience. In the Lateral Entry scheme, students have to appear and pass the first semester examination. Books of 1st semester will be supplied by the University and internal assessment will be completed at the Learning Centre. For further details, please refer to the prospectus.
- What is Credit System?
The 'Credit System' is followed for all courses offered through distance education mode. The credit system is a systematic way of describing an educational programme by allotting specific time to a particular subject. Each credit amounts to 30 hours of learning activities i.e., reading and comprehending the printed study material, attending counseling sessions, VSAT lectures, preparing assignments, etc.
- What is Re-registration?
A student doing a course through Distance Education has to register himself/ herself for each semester to become eligible to appear for the University examinations. The terms 'Fresh Registration' and 'Re-registration' are explained below:
- Fresh Admission or Registration - New candidates seeking admission are required to fill up Fresh Admission or Registration form.
- Re-registration - existing students who get promoted to higher semesters have to Re-register at the beginning of a session and it is termed as Re-registration. Re-registration to the higher semester is mandatory to become eligible to appear for the University examination for existing students
- Can a student register for two Semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
- What is Re-admission?
- If a student can not complete his/ her course within the maximum period stipulated, even though he/ she had re-registered earlier for all semesters, he/ she is permitted to apply for Re-admission using a maximum of 20 credits per session.
- If a student has discontinued his course without registering for one or more semesters with/ without fee arrears (for earlier semesters), he/ she is required to apply for semester-wise Re-admission for each session, starting from the earliest non-re-registered semester. Also, a student can apply for Re-admission for course (s) worth 4 credits in which he/ she has arrears from the previously Re-registered semesters.
The form should be complete in all respects and submitted along with necessary support documents and requisite fee. Incomplete application forms will not be considered for processing.